Student Discounts You May Have Missed
Stretching your budget just got a whole lot easier with these student discounts you might not know about.
The financial mindset and responsibilities of being a college student can be complicated: you’re in school but you’re also expected to pay for more things than when you were in high school; your parents might still be paying for some things but not others; you may be trying to hold down one or more part-time jobs all year; and you can’t forget about those student loans.
Regardless of your mix of school, work, loans, and help from your parents, one thing is clear: saving more money is always a good thing. Below are some student discounts that could really add up to saving you some serious cash.
In most cases, you’ll need to present a valid, current student ID. Some require an international student ID card. Not all stores may offer the listed discount.
- FedEx — Save 30% on documents and 20% on shipping services with FedEx Office.
- The Wallstreet Journal — Save 75% on print, online, and mobile delivery.
- The New York Times — Only pay $.99 for the first four weeks and save 50% on the regular rate after that.
- JourneyEd — Receive discounts on academic software and hardware.
- WordsRUs — Save 20% on professional proofreading services online.
- Norton Security — Save up to 50% on protection software for your PC, Mac, and more.
- Apple — Take $200 off a new Mac and save 20% on AppleCare and get free Beats headphones.
- Dell — Receive a $100 Promo eGift card on all systems over $499.
- Sony — Save up to 10% on products.
- Lenovo — Get discounts on a range of tech products.
- Jo-Anne Fabric and Craft Stores — Receive a 10% discount on all purchases plus two special coupons to use both online and in store.
- Amazon — Get free two-day shipping for six months plus discounted Amazon Prime membership and other deals.
- Sam’s Club — Receive a discounted price on membership.
- Sally Beauty Supply — Save on discounted merchandise, exclusive monthly deals, and special email offers.
- Goodwill — Get 20% off on Tuesdays.
- Get a 10% student discount — Subway, Burger King, Firehouse Subs, Waffle House, Sweet Tomatoes, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Arby’s.
- Qdoba — Build a student burrito for only $5.
- Kroger — Save 5% on food purchases.
- Chipotle — Save 15% on your order.
- Pizza Hut — Save 20% on full-price menu items.
- State Farm, eSurance, Allstate, Farmers, and Geico — Receive various discounts on insurance policies, including car insurance.
- Jiffy Lube — Get $10 or 10% off oil change service and more.
- 24-hour Fitness — Receive a discounted price on membership.
- Greyhound – Save 10% on travel and 15% on shipping.
- Eurail — Receive a 20% discount for those younger than 28.
- Penske Truck Rental — Save 10% on moving truck and van rental.
- Amtrak — Save 15% on train travel between certain regions.
- New cars — Many car dealerships offer a student discount on new car purchases for up to a year after graduation.